Biodynamic Remedies for Tomato and Potato Blight
1. Bring 1 unit #508 (1.5 ounces by weight of dried herb) to boil in 1 gallon of water, and simmer for 1 hr.
2. Cool and transfer to crock or glass container ( metal? plastic?) - Order of preference is clay crock, glass, copper, porcelained metal, non-magnetic stainless steel, other metals, plastic.
3. Store in cool place and let ferment for 10-14 days until starts to smell.
4. To use add 1 part #508 tea (fresh or fermented) to 9 parts water, (rainwater, or if chlorinated expose to sun for a day).
5. Stir for 20 minutes, reversing direction once deep vortex has formed. (about 1-2 times per minute).
6. Early AM or Late PM-Spray on ground with larger droplets on day pertaining to the crop - Fruit for tomato; Root for potato. May be applied as a foliar as well.
Adding either with the #508, or separately an application of BD #505 Oak bark preparation (counter to plant diseases) is also very helpful. Stir #505 for not less than 20 minutes.
Applications of BD #501 and BD #507 should also be made in the regular course of treating the crops.
BD #508 (Horsetail Herb) is available now at JPI
Or call us to order:(540)745-7030; Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM.
For preventing or controlling fungus diseases. One unit of dried herb yields 2 1/2 gallons fresh tea (covers one acre), or 10 gallons of fermented tea (covers up to 3 acres). Best results obtained from fermented recipe.